Saturday, January 16, 2010

Gazebos: Information

Welcome to Gazebo Gazebos. That is my own little spin on tomato tomata.It seems everyone has a little hobby or something that they enjoy. Mine is a fascination with gazebos. I've always thought they were such a great addition to a yard, a park, a town square. They just seem to add an extra little flare to any old place. Got a lack luster yard? Put one up add a grill and you got the best spot on the block for a cookout.

I've decided we are going to learn together. I've been an admirer for quite sometime, but now it's time to get my hands dirty. I want to know everything I can. The history, the culture, the structure, how to build them, the best places to put them, what they are made of. Anything that I can learn I'm going to, and I'm going to put it right here on this blog so that anyone with any questions will have a place to go.

The web has made life so wide open, would you agree? Anything you want to know about these days, boom pull it up. The world at your fingertips....and eyelids so to speak. So now I intend to leave my little bit of knowledge in the time caspule that is the web.

I'm not sure where I will start, I've thought about maybe doing some pieces on famous gazebos or a gazebo of intrest type thing. You know, like....such and such band played here, or such and such president got drunk and fell over the rail of this gazebo lol.

Another place we might start our journey is with the history. Where did these little shelters start popping up? Who started making them? When did they really start to become popular.

I think with a little bit of digging, and a lot of typing, perhaps even a little bit of handy work (if I ever decide to tackle building on myself) we should be able to answer some of these burning questions and more. So hold on to you hats, because I know the idea of know so much about these things has already blown your socks off. If you want to be a gazebonut like me then come on back to gazebo/gazebos anytime.

No comments: